the mismeasure of Gloria

I finished Gloria’s leine but it’s too difficult to get it on her.

Sigh.

It happened because I used French seams. They take up approximately twice as much fabric as normal seams when you are a novice like myself, which means they ate up a good inch and a half to inch and three quarters of fabric. I likely didn’t allow enough ease to begin with either.

Lesson learned. It sure looks cute.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s